You must be aware of the fact that everything comes with advantages and disadvantages. Similarly, if you are thinking to have bigger tyres then it has advantages as well disadvantages. So, if you are getting bigger tyres then you should take a moment out and have a look at the advantages and disadvantages below.
Advantages of bigger tyres
- Tyres are very much necessary and vital in the entire look and appearance of a car. Getting bigger tyres for your car will make your car look sporty which is amazing because your car would look absolutely great. So, if you want to give your car a sporty appearance then you should definitely have bigger tyres.
- When you get bigger tyres for your car, the mark of contact increases as well because increasing the size means that there is extra rubber. Improved mark of contact as well means improved braking.
- The tyres that are bigger means the edges become stiffer and the thread become wider. This straight away converts to improved surrounding as well as handling.
Disadvantages of bigger tyres
- We should begin with the fundamentals. If the size of the tyres is bigger, it obviously means that the cost is more. High quality and expensive cars most of the times has bigger edge size and in order to complement these cars, a number of technical specifications participate in producing tyres which happens to be costly.
- While the grasp and control gets better with the tyres that are bigger but the steering wheel might convert harder and stiff if the size of the tyre is more than the specific size. This, consequently, will make the control and grasp of the car quite bad and the response of the steering wheel won’t be very much precise and exact.
- Bigger than the suggested or set sizes of the tyres can hinder or limits the electronic protection assistance of the car. Making a compromise on safety and protection is not at all recommended.
Now, you know the advantages as well as disadvantages. It is up to you now whether you want to get bigger tyres or not. Make the right choice so you don’t have any regrets later on.